#4 RS-485/422 Serial to Ethernet Terminal Server/Client
IP Electronix PH485Ex4 bidirectional communication terminal server/client is a simple solution for connecting serial devices to a network which results in having 2 RS-485 or RS-422 serial ports over Ethernet network. This converter uses transparent communicate protocol, so it is not required to understand complex Ethernet TCP/IP protocol, and no modification in serial programs is needed. It operates as a Real COM, TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP Server and UDP Client Full-Duplex converter and supports bidirectional connection.
Protection against Surge, ESD and EMI is implemented in its design and it has 3kV isolation between Ethernet and RS-485/RS-422 sides. Furthermore, all the RS-485/RS-422 ports are insulated from each other too.
PH485Ex4 is designed for industrial usage and is useful for connecting any device with a serial interface to a computer via Ethernet supported network like LAN, WAN … and can be used in Industrial Automation, Telecommunications, SCADA Systems, DCS Systems ….
- Number of Ports: #4 RS-485/RS-422 Serial Port, #1 Ethernet RJ45 (10/100 Mbps) Port;
- Serial Standard: Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-485/422;
- Network Protocols: ICMP, IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, Telnet, DNS, ARP, HTTP;
- RS-485 Signals: Data+, Data-, GND, Asynchronous Half-Duplex, 2-Wire Differential;
- RS-485 Data Direction Control: ADDC (Automatic Data Direction Control);
- RS-422 Signals: Tx+, Tx-, Rx+, Rx-, GND, Asynchronous Full-Duplex, 4-Wire;
- Baud-Rate Type: Both Standard and Custom Baud Rates are Supported;
- Baud-Rates: 50, 75, 110, 150, 300, 450, 600, 900, 1200, 1800, 2400, 3600, 4800, 7200, 9600, 14400, 19200, 28800, 38400, 56000, 57600, 76800, 115200, 153600, 184320, 230400, 307200, 460800, 921600 bps; Selectable;
- RS-485/422 Data Bits: 5, 6, 7, 8; Selectable;
- RS-485/422 Parity: Even, Odd, None, Mark and Space; Selectable;
- RS-485/422 Stop Bits: 1, 1.5, 2; Selectable;
- Data Buffer: 4000 Bytes (2k Bytes Transmit, 2k Bytes Receive);
- Power (Green) LED Indicator;
- Transmit (Blue) and Receive (Yellow) LED Indicator for All Ports;
- TCP Server (Green), TCP Client (Green) and UDP (Green) LED Indicator;
- ESD Protection: RS-485 Bus-Pin ESD Protection Exceeds ±15 kV Using Human-Body Model (HBM);
- Dimensions: 145mm x 118mm x 27mm (5.70in x 4.65in x 1.06in);
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +70°C (+14°F to +158°F);
- 1 Year Guarantee and 5 Years Support.